Friday, June 7, 2013

An Unexpected Quick Goodbye

My husband developed a serious medical problem and needed to return to the US as as possible.  My principal said I could travel with him so with no notice I said my goodbyes today to my class.

I tried my best to say something meaningful to each one through my tears and choked up voice to let them know how proud I am of all they accomplished this year.

This is my parent representative and her daughter.

My amazing teaching partner.

Some of the Early Years staff I worked with.
We are boarding the airplane on Saturday a week and a half before the end of the school year.  We both had full-time teaching partners who will take over for us.  I am so exhausted tonight it has not really sunk in that I will be home on Sunday with my own kids.  I cannot wait to see my cat and all my spring flowers blooming in my yard.  I cannot wait to hug my best friend who has had a difficult spring.  I am so happy to be able to give my parents a load of worry off their shoulders.  I hope our flights go smoothly and my husband does not have a difficult time.  He is feeling okay on the pain medication so hopefully we can just get home and get him right in to the doctor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment